Garden of Dreams
Music by David Maslanka.
A Child's Garden of Dreams (34:09)
- There is a desert on the moon where the dreamer sinks so deeply into the ground that she reaches hell.
- A drunken woman falls into the water and comes out renewed and sober.
- A horde of small animals frightens the dreamer. The animals increase to a tremendous size and one of them devours the little girl.
- A drop of water is seen as it appears when looked at through a microscope. The girls sees that the drop is full of tree branches. This portrays the origin of the world.
- An ascent into heaven where pagan dances are being celebrated and a descent into hell where angels are doing good deeds.
6. In Memoriam (13:18)
Symphony No. 4 (29:54)
Total Time 77:45
If you enjoy music that is off the beaten path, if you like strong contrasts, if you are fascinated by the mystery of the human psyche, if musical adventure is your thing, get this recording... So, a brilliant composer, seasoned musicians, an exceptional conductor, and an HDCD recording of unequalled quality — all the ingredients, I think to tempt the music lover and the audiophile.— Lessard, Ultra High Fidelity