- The Dallas Wind Symphony is one of only a handful of professional windbands in the USA.
- The first windband to appear at the Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center was the DWS on February 6, 1990.
The DWS presented a command performance for her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and counted Margaret Thatcher MP as an honored guest.
- HOLST, performed by the DWS on the Reference Recordings label, is the first and only album comprising all the wind music written by Gustav Holst and the only recording to use his preferred instrumentation.
There are more windbands per capita in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area than anywhere else in the world.
- The world premiere recording of Clifton Williams’ Symphonic Dance #3 can be heard on the DWS CD Fiesta!
- The DWS album Fennell Favorites was recorded during a live concert at the Meyerson Center January 8, 1991 and is the only live album recorded by Dr. Frederick Fennell.
On May 21, 1991 the five conductors of the Washington military bands appeared together for the first time in history... conducting the DWS in the Meyerson Center.
- The Dallas Wind Symphony is regularly heard on the National Public Radio programs Audiophile Audition and Performance Today.
- The DWS albums TRITTICO and TESTAMENT were the first ever produced with the patented HDCD system (the highest quality CD recording process).